Senior Saba Learning LMS Technical Consultant
Cross Solutions is looking for an experienced Saba LMS Technical Consultant to join our team. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a team of like-minded human capital experts. If you are an experienced learning and development technologist, you’ve found the right place to grow your skills and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry!
As a Senior Saba Consultant, you will report directly to our Saba Practice Lead, and be expected to:
- Provide escalated Level 2/3+ support for LMS functional and technical issues.
- Develop complex solutions that extend and enhance system functionality. This would include system integrations, bulk data import/export operations, custom reports, etc. Solutions might also require functional workarounds within the system – so a deep functional knowledge of LMS features is expected.
- Design, develop, and tune complex Oracle stored packages, procedures, and triggers.
- Develop complex reports using both out-of-box tools, and enterprise reporting tools.
- Troubleshoot database performance issues, producing direct solutions or recommendations to the DBA.
- Design and develop complex data migration plans, processes, and code.
- Support implementation of major product upgrades.
- Lead development of functional and technical documentation.
- Install and configure one or more web servers (Tomcat, IIS, Weblogic, etc.).
- 3+ years’ experience working with the Saba Enterprise LMS (current ver. 7.6). Technical experience is required, along with sound functional knowledge. You should be well versed in developing complex integrations, building reports, and developing extract/transform/load operations.
- 5+ years’ experience developing database solutions with Oracle. This would include senior level knowledge of PL/SQL, developing Oracle objects (packages, procedures, views, triggers), and working with Oracle tools (SQL Loader, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience using shell tools within Unix/Linux, automating solutions using tools like cron, bash, etc.
- Experience using version control tools, preferably SVN.
- Nice to have:
- Experience troubleshooting LMS content.
- Knowledge of standard learning API’s, such as TinCan, SCORM, and AICC.
- Experience troubleshooting hosted web applications, and server software such as Apache Tomcat, Apache Http, etc.